Jun 5, 2017
Human RightS Initiative (HRSI)
|Application deadline:||2017.06.05. 23:59 (CET)|
|Full Or Part Time:||Full time (40 hours/week)|
The Human RightS Initiative (HRSI) at Central European University invites applications for a full time Project Manager position. In the past 18 years, HRSI provided similar opportunities for over 40 CEU alumni.
HRSI is a human rights awareness-raising unit at CEU and was founded originally by students of CEU’s Human Rights MA program in 1999. HRSI’s main goals are to promote social engagement through awareness raising and capacity building, to provide training and practical experience, and to offer opportunities for networking.
The successful candidate will implement assigned projects related to human rights, participate in on-going projects, and handle additional tasks related to the everyday operations of HRSI. CEU graduates from the last 2 years are strongly encouraged to apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing human rights related projects
- Maintaining communication with the CEU community and with external partners
- Recruiting volunteers for certain HRSI projects
- Maintaining HRSI’s social media and other communication channels
- MA degree
- Fluency in English
- Previous volunteer experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to work both in a team and individually in an international environment
- A demonstrable knowledge of, and interest in, human rights and in the not–for–profit sector
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and perform under pressure
- Has innovative ideas for attracting students to HRSI activities
We offer a competitive salary as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is for 10.5 months with the possibility of renewal.
How to apply?
Applicants need to submit:
- CV (no longer than 2 pages)
- Letter of intent (no longer than 500 words). In your letter, please include why you are pursuing this position and what are your expectations, any previous experience in civil society, and your ideas for future HRSI programming and activities. Please merge these two documents into one PDF file.
- Two recommendation letters in electronic form (from a formal employer / organizations that you volunteered for and/or academic faculty, including their contact details). Letters can be sent by the applicant and/or directly by the recommenders.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your complete application package to:
email@example.com – including job code in subject line: 2017/059_HRSI Project Manager
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 50 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit www.ceu.edu